Sight airedale is a local independent sight loss charity supporting people who live in the airedale area (Barnoldswick, Bingley, Cross Hills, Ilkley, Keighley, Settle, Silsden, Skipton). We help anyone who is (or is eligible to be) registered Blind or Partially sighted or anyone who has a sight problem that means they are unable to read text at N12 size even if they are wearing glasses.
How we can help you
- Helping Blind and Partially sighted people to get out of the house and meet other people through our social centres (Keighley and Bingley), peer support groups and living with sight loss courses.
- Demonstrate and supply aids for the visually impaired that make life living with sight loss easier in our daily living shop, and help you choose a new magnifier. (appointment only)
- Enabling you to enjoy a good book, through our audiobook library with other 2,000 titles on MP3 memory stick.
- Help Blind and Partially Sighted people make the most of technology through our technical information service. (appointment only)
- Help Blind and Partially Sighted people keep up to date with local issues through our seefact newsletter, available in large print, audio and braille.
How to get in touch
You can visit us at
- 31 Scott Street, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD21 2JH – press the top button on the door entry system for assistance
Contact us on
- 01535 602354
- Our postal address is 1 Albert Street, Keighley, BD21 2AT
Our opening hours are
- Monday to Thursday – 9.30am to 12.30pm.